Decorating your child’s room can be time-consuming. Their interests may change on a daily basis, and you could end up switching furniture and decorations often! However, with a little bit of creativity and the right pieces of kids’ furniture in Ottawa, you can create a bedroom that’s both practical and fun for your youngster.
Beds, Storage, and Desks – Oh my!
The most important part of the bedroom is, of course, the bed. You can’t very well expect your child to sleep on the floor… although he may very well choose to nap there once in a while! Kids’ furniture in Ottawa from Simply Wood comes in a wide range of styles including double-bunk beds, triple-bunk beds, loft beds and trundles. If space is limited, a loft bed may provide the best option as it provides room underneath for a dresser or desk.
* Triple-bunks can be for three children, or two children with a day bed and sitting area in the center or at the top.
* Trundle beds provide a second sleeping area that can pull out from underneath the main bed. This is very handy for sleep overs or a place to put the stuffed animals during bedtime.
* Dressers and wardrobes can come in a variety of sizes, and some even include storage for shoes, toys or art supplies!
* Desks can cater to an imaginative mind, with plenty of drawers to keep paper, pencils and crayons safe from being lost or stepped on.
* Bookshelves and magazine racks can be a great addition for curious minds. Set aside a little reading nook with a child-sized chair and an attractive rug to bring it all together.
Does Someone Like to Color on the Walls?
Did you know there are cans of paint which ultimately create a dry-erase board or chalkboard on any wall or door you decide to paint it onto? This is an excellent alternative for the very artistic youngsters who insist on decorating every corner of their room. Set aside an entire door or wall for their own doodle pad! As they grow, they can reach higher and higher on the wall covering it with unique (and temporary) artwork for you to enjoy. Giving them a designated art area will stop them from damaging the fine furniture in their room from Simply Wood! If this is not an option for you, adding movable dry-erase boards or easels with large pads of paper can provide the artistic stimulation your child desires.
Be the first to like.